Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Down Under Doll Quilt Swap 2 - Round 2!


This is the little quilt I was telling you about in my last post... 

To refresh your memory... Michelle and I both participated in the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap No2.  Unfortunately Michelle never received a quilt, so I offered to make her a little something.  I just couldn't bear the thought of her going without after she made such a beautiful quilt for her partner.

Many months later, I finally finished.  Here is a close up.


And the backing...


I've always just loved this Liberty sunflower fabric.

The quilt is made with all Liberty of London tana lawn fabrics and was machine pieced, machine quilted and then the binding was attached by hand.

But look at what Michelle made for me!


Isn't her appliqué just BEAUTIFUL!


But wait!  There's more!


A pincushion and a, well, I'm not sure what it's called, but I don't have one and I really need one.


You put your needles on the white bit and you can put all kinds of other bits and pieces in the other parts.  It's like a wallet for quilters!

I'm bowled over by Michelle's generosity.

Check out her blog.  You'll love it!

2 comments:

Janet said...

That was so lovely of you to make that for Michelle, it looks great and you recived some lovely gifts.

antique quilter said...

I love the quilt you made for Michelle how sweet of you to do that.
nice quilt she made for you too! love the needle case, its great to put in your sewing bag to go!
Kathie